New Wave 4: Students´ Geographical Workshop - Call for papers
Organized by the Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, Section of Geography and the Czech Geographical Society
Building on established tradition of quality papers and stimulating debates in previous years, the New Wave 4 Students Geographical Workshop attempts bring together graduate and post-graduate students in geography and related fields to share their research ideas and results.
May 25th: Students´
The workshop will be organized in eight thematic sessions focused on key themes and challenges where geography can contribute to interdisciplinary research and applications.
- Environmental change: challenges and opportunities
- Landscape: when nature and people meet
- Population change: causes and consequences
- People between places and spaces: mobility, migration, adaptation
- Cyberspace and geoinformation: new world or new view on our world?
- Cities: foci of contemporary economy and society
- Culture: people, places, landscapes
- Vzrušující geografie, nudný zeměpis? Co a jak učit na středních školách?
Conference will be held at the Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Science, Albertov 6.
Sessions will be held in English (session 8 will be held in Czech)
May 26th: Unknown Prague – easy going morning fieldtrip “Places where tourists never go”
Participants of the workshop can join a fieldtrip heading to changing localities outside of the historical city core. Undiscovered by tourist and many residents, places of different cultures and specific genius loci are a part of changing landscape of a post-socialist city. The fieldtrip includes opportunities for tasting wonderful food and drinksPlease send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 27th 2012